BATES' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
I n tr oduc tion
The Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking,
7th edition is a concise, portable text that:
● Describes how to interview the patient and take the health history.
● Provides an illustrated review of the physical examination.
● Reminds students of common, normal, and abnormal physical ﬁndings.
● Describes special techniques of assessment that students may need in speciﬁc instances.
● Provides succinct aids to interpretation of selected ﬁndings. There are several ways to use the Pocket Guide:
● To review and remember the content of a health history.
● To review and rehearse the techniques of examination. This can be done while learning a single section and again while combining the approaches to several body systems or regions into an integrated examination (see Chap. 1).
● To review common variations of normal and selected abnormalities. Observations are keener and more precise when the examiner knows what to look, listen, and feel for.
● To look up special techniques as the need arises. Maneuvers such as The Timed Get Up and Go test are included in the Special Techniques sections in each chapter.
● To look up additional information about possible ﬁndings, including abnormalities and standards of normal.
The Pocket Guide is not intended to serve as a primary text for learn- ing the skills of history taking or physical examination. Its detail is too brief for these purposes. It is intended instead as an aid for student review and recall and as a convenient, brief, and portable reference.
Tidak tersedia versi lain